If you’re an RV user, you would already know that the sewer hoses of the RV’s wastewater tank can crack, split, or leak if you don’t dump the tank timely. Performing this task manually can be hectic as it requires a lot of effort and time.
That’s where electric dump valves for RVs come into place. They allow you to dump the tank conveniently as you only need to push a button.
In this article, we’ll discuss the best RV electric dump valves that you can buy. We have selected these products carefully based on their features, performance, and durability.
Best RV Electric Dump Valve: Comparison Chart
|Barker Valterra-Bristol Auto Electric Valve||2 pounds||10.1 x 6.5 x 5.7 inches (for 3”) and (10.9 x 6.4 x 5.8) inches (for 1.5”)||3 seconds||150 mA||12V DC||Check Price|
|Valterra E1003VP EZ Electric Dump Valve||4.75 pounds||14 x 7.5 x 4.5 inches (for 3”)||1.3 seconds||2.5 Amp||12V DC||Check Price|
|Barker 24130 Auto Drain Valve||2 pounds||5.8 x 2 x 6.4 inches (for 3”)||4 seconds||200 mA||12V DC||Check Price|
|Drain Master 5202DM20 Electric Dump Valve||1 pound||10 x 6 x 1-3/4 inches (for 3”)||1.5 seconds||2.5 Amp||12V DC||Check Price|
Best RV Electric Dump Valve: Reviews
The following reviews contain everything you need to know about the electric dump valves mentioned above. Read each review carefully and understand the pros and cons of each product to choose the one that suits you the best.
1. Barker Valterra-Bristol Auto Electric Valve
The Barker Valterra-Bristol Auto electric dump valve allows you to dump everything that you have in your RV’s wastewater tank with a single push. It offers an amperage of 150 mA and works seamlessly on a 12V direct current.
The cycle time of this product is also impressive as it only needs three seconds to dump the waste. Another important feature of this product is that you can operate it manually as well. This feature comes in handy when there’s some valve issue or a battery failure.
The Barker Valterra-Bristol Auto electric dump valve is built with a combination of plastic, cast aluminum, and rust-resistant steel, making it durable and long-lasting. Additionally, you don’t need to empty the tank in order to install it.
- Empties the tank with a push of a button
- Compatible with Bristol and Valterra slide valves
- Comes with everything, including switches and wiring, needed for installation
- Durable and rust-resistant built
- Easy to install and operate
- Empties the tank quickly
- Included arm switch is made of plastic that lacks durability
2. Valterra E1003VP EZ Electric Dump Valve
The Valterra E1003VP EZ is also a single-push waste valve control system to empty the wastewater tank conveniently. The product features a water-resistant motor, which generates high torque. It can empty the waste from the tank within 1.3 seconds.
Another great feature of this product is that it comes with a built-in Amp breaker. Not only does it ensure the safety of the entire system but it also allows you to reset it without needing to replace fuses. Just like most electric dump valves, this product also works on 120V direct current and offers 2.5 amps per valve.
The Valterra E1003VP EZ comes with a green light that turns on when the valve is open and it turns off automatically to inform you that the dumping process is complete. An important factor about this product that you need to keep in mind is its operating temperature, which is 35 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Empties the tank within 1.3 seconds
- Comes with an LED that informs you when the dumping process is completed
- Can be operated manually using the T-handle
- Durable and heavy-duty build
- Removable and replaceable gasket
- The installation guide could be clearer
- The length of the control cable could be longer
3. Barker 24130 Auto Drain Valve
The Barker 24130 Auto dump valve works on 12V DC to automatically empty your RV’s wastewater tank. While the cycle time of this dump valve is slightly longer than other products listed here, it does the job effectively.
You can use this product with 3-inch and 1.5-inch waste valves without needing to perform any plumbing modifications.
The Barker 24130 Auto is a durable product that features rust-resistant materials, including plastic, steel, and aluminum. It also comes with an LED light that turns on when the valve is open, and it turns off when the waste is out of the tank.
It’s important to note that you need to empty your tank before installing this electric dump valve.
- Dumps the waste automatically
- Features an LED light to indicate when the dumping process is completed
- Compatible with 1.5-inch and 3-inch waste valves
- Requires low to no maintenance
- Cycle time is longer than other products
- The actuator wire could be longer
4. Drain Master 5202DM20 Electric Dump Valve
Drain Master 5202DM20 is another great electric dump valve that works on 12V direct current. It comes with stainless steel gears to ensure durability and offers an LED light to inform you if the valve is open.
It takes only 1.5 seconds to remove the waste from the tank and you can use it to replace both cable and manual pull valves. The package comes with everything you need to install the valve in your RV.
You can also add a second switch to your package that you can connect to the system with the first one at the same time. It’ll allow you to dump the waste from two different places.
- Can work with the existing bolts you have
- Needs just 1.5 seconds to empty out the wastewater tank
- A second switch can be added to the package
- Features plug and play mechanism
- Made of heavy-duty stainless steel for durability
- Needs a reducer kit to work with 1.5-inch valves
Using an electric dump valve saves you a lot of time and effort to empty the wastewater tank of your RV. If you’re looking for a durable and affordable RV electric dump valve, you can go with Barker Valterra-Bristol Auto Electric Valve or Barker 24130 Auto Drain Valve.
If you want a heavy-duty product that empties the RV tank in record time, then you can consider buying Valterra E1003VP EZ Electric Dump Valve. Lastly, if budget isn’t your problem and you want an easy-to-use product with plug-and-play functionality, you can opt for Drain Master 5202DM20 Electric Dump Valve.
We hope this guide will help you find an electric dump valve for your RV that suits your preferences and needs the best.